History

Sprecher’s ancestors came 1893 to Arosa and opened their first shoe store.

Jakob Sprecher opened the shop in the upper part of the village, Innerarosa, 1929, runned from some of his staff.

1951 he extended the shop for the first time.

1969 the building was extended for the second time and son Engelhard moved with his family to Innerarosa. The store downtown was runned by Engelhard’s sister and later from her son.

Engelhard’s daughter, Karin Aebi-Sprecher, came 1992 back to Arosa to take care of the shop in Innerarosa, which is, after more than 80 years, still in the founder family’s hands.